Tuesday, April 26, 2011

tom YUM!

I simply have a fascination for spicy food, especially tom yum soup.  From my recent trip to Bangkok, I never let a day pass without having tom yum soup.  Here are some photos for you to imagine. =)

There are usually two basic types of tom yum; one is the clear tom yum, and the other is the tom yum with coconut milk.  Personally, I prefer the one with coconut milk.  It gives the right balance of spices and creaminess.  Yummy!  But the clear tom yum is also good; it just depends on one's personal taste.  For me, the spicier, the better!

clear tom yum soup from Bankhun Mae restaurant, Bangkok

clear tom yum soup from Cabbages and Condoms, Bangkok

tom yum soup with coconut milk from Cabbages and Condoms, Bangkok

tom yum soup with coconut milk from Taling Pling restaurant, Siam Paragon, Bangkok

(left most, below the metal bowl of rice): tom yum soup with coconut milk from a small Asian restaurant in Frankfurt, Germany

This tom yum from Germany is one of the best I've ever tasted.  I'm not so sure if it was the freezing weather that made it more delicious; but what I can say is that it can very much compete with the tom yums of Thailand.

If you know more yummy tom yum's even from just around the corner, please do let me know. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment