Friday, May 13, 2011

New Purchase: Smashbox Cream Cheek Duo

Smashbox In Bloom Cream Cheek Duo

I've been wanting a cream blush for a long time now.  It just slipped my mind until I saw it in the store.  I have combination skin, making my cheeks a bit dry.  I thought that having a cream blush can actuslly help to make my cheeks look less flaky.  But I remembered thsat cream blush + a dry skin is a major error.  Cream blush can emphasize dry and flaky skin even more.  So what I did is to make sure that my cheeks are completely moisturized before putting any make-up, including this blush.

The effect of this cream blush on a moisturized face is exceptional.  I love how natural and fresh it looks when blended correctly.  More than that, you get two beautiful colors in one container.  Both colors are matte, which I love in a blush (maybe because I used to only have shimmer types of blush).  Both colors are very wearable (peach and meium pink) and complements almost any skin tone. 

I have been using this everyday for a week now, and am loving it.  A ilittle goes a long way.  What I usually do is, I dip a finger on the color of my choice; then dab it on my cheeks.  I first lightly blend it our using my fingers, then completely blend it with a blush brush.  It gives an instant natural flush.

I just didn't like the packaging because it was very plastic-y.  The cover is just a clear plastic thsat you can easily remove with a slight turn.  I prefer cosmetics packaging that has the look that it was really given a lot of thought into.  I sometimes , or most of the time, get swayed because of the packaging!  But I didn't regret buying theis Smashbox cream blush.  Even with its very simple packaging, the color, and quality is just superb!


No comments:

Post a Comment