Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Topshop Reopening: best dressed

After a long debate on one Wednesday afternoon (May 25, 2011), my sister and I finally decided to attend the Topshop flagship store reopening in Robinsons Galleria.  We were hoping to be one of the top 50 customers to get a 50% discount coupon.  50% discount on Topshop regular items is a LOT and extremely worth lining up for.

When we got in front of the Topshop store in Robinsons Galleria at around 4:00 pm, many people were already lined up.  Seeing the line made me feel a bit hopeless to get a 50% discount coupon.  But as the sign up sheet was passed on to us, nuumbers 49 and 50  were still blank!  What a pleasant surprise!  We immediately signed up for the last two slots.

We waited for two hours before the official 6 pm opening of the store.  The wait didn't feel that long due to the entertainment and good service we received.  There were games and prizes from various sponsors like Shu Uemura (wow!).  Each of us were also given something to drink while in line (bottled water and Figaro iced coffee). 

The most exciting part of the show was during the announcement of the three best dressed girls to be picked from the audience.  Each will receive 10,000 pesos worth of gift certificate from Topshop!!!  What can be better than that?  I was excited to learn who the lucky ladies will be.  During that time, I hoped that I had given more thought to what I wore.  I came from the office and didn't think I will be atending this event.  I just wore what I felt like wearing that morning...a lace dress; just as my blog title suggests.  I do have a little obsession with lace and sheer fabrics.  I also decided to wear a pait of sandals to feel more comfortable during work.

This was what I wore...


lace dress: Zara, sandals: Charles and Keith, bag: Cambridge Satchel inspired, scarf on bag: Mango (I left it in the office the other day and had to bring it home), floral bracelet: Forever 21

Also, this was the first time that a stranger took a photo of me.  I felt really awkward, which is very apparent in this photo from Style Bible. haha!  I felt underdressed for such an event.  I didn't know that there would be this much hype!

But who would have thought...that I would be picked as one of the three best dressed ladies from the audience?  I didn't believe it at first.  I guess my obsession for lace did something good for me that day, EXTREMELY GOOD!  I just wish I wore a different pair of shoes. =)


 A lady from Topshop's management group (I think) awarded me with this paper medal =)

and the most coveted 10,000 pesos worth of gift certificates 


I was so glad that my sister and I decided to attend the Topshop event.  Everything fell right into place by getting the last two spots for the 50% discount and winning best dressed.  I didn't think I would have so much blessing in one afternoon.  =)  Thank you Topshop!

Lessons learned:
1. Follow your instincts.
2. Always try to dress up.  You'll never know where it can take you. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment