Thursday, June 2, 2011

Aubergine

What can I say about Aubergine except that the food, service and ambiance is EXQUISITE (in all caps)!  Everything you expect in a fine-dininng French restaurant can be found here.  As I describe it to my sister, I feel like a princess whenever I come here.  It may seem like claiming too much, but Aubergine does it! =)

Here is a photo of  the untouched table plus an individual menu each for the degustasion, a la carte and beverage



degustation menu for the night
(we got the degustation for a complete experience of a lovely French dinner)
center piece



crushed olives pate and butter for the bread 



Complimentary appetizer: marinated salmon with honey-dill mustard 

French fois gras cooked in 2 ways
(For some reason, I LOVE fois gras even if it's just duck liver, resulting to my unconcious evaliation of this delicacy as soon as I taste it. Aubergine serves the best fois gras I've ever tasted in Manila.  There is no sign of bitter after-taste.   I prefer it cooked pan-seared because it brings out the sweetness of the fois gras.  Every small bite is like heaven for me! Haaaaaay...I can daydream of this the whole day.) 

 lobster bisque with crab meat praline and Champagne foam
(I loved the little crab meat on the side and the Champagne foam)

pan-fried Arctic sea scallops served on truffled mushroom risotto in Red Wine reduction 
(tastes as delicious as it sounds!)

mango-lychee sorbet
(very cute presentation + white smoke swirling around the sorbet from the liquid nitrogen inside the tea pot.) 

rack of lamb cooked medium-well
(The lamb almost didn't have any after-taste like what most lamb meat usually have.  The meat was also very tender and juicy; no exaggeratiion. =D) 

slow-cooked tranche of Tasmanian ocean trout served with pappardelle pasta in curry-ginger nage with sauteed vegetables julienne  

oven-roasted New Zealand venison loin with date and walnut crust  served with pommes, braised red cabbage and Cassis jus 

Sorry, I ran out of battery before I can ake a picture of the dessert. =(  Just for imagination's sake the dessert is described on the menu as such:

Belgian chocolate dome cake with red cherries and vanilla sauce

wearing the new coral Topshop top bought from the flagship store reopening
(notice the wine cellar in the background)
The last time I came here was around yeaar 2008 or 2009.  That was a long time ago, but the place, food and service is just as good.  This is a really amazing place for a romantic night out.  The food is quite pricey though, so you can reserve this for a special occasion like me.

If I were to be asked, Aubergine remains to be one of the top restaurants on my list.  Everytime I leave this place after a meeal (even if it was just my second time haha),  I feel happy and satisfied that lasts for several weeks. =)

1 comment: